Transition Services


The office of Transition Services at Centinela Valley Union High School District offers vocational assessments to measure areas of interests, post-secondary opportunities and training to our students with special needs. Our office is committed to collaborate closely, with our school sites teams, throughout the IEP process.


In addition, our Transition Services office collaborates with outside agencies, such as, the California Department of Rehabilitation, Workability I Program, the California Promise Initiative and the Transition Partnership Program (TPP).


The students, through the IEP process, are placed on a job, within the community and based upon career’s desires and availability. The students seeking employment are encouraged to join the JOB CLUB and work with a District Transition Specialist throughout this process.


Workability I.


The Workability I program provides comprehensive pre-employment training, work experience placement and follow-up for high school students receiving special education services, who are making the transition from school to work, independent living, and post-secondary education or training.


WorkAbility Placement Process


WorkAbility Fact Sheet


WorkAbility I: A California Transition Program


Transition Partenership Program.


The Transition Partnership Program (TPP) builds partnerships between local education agencies and the Department of Rehabilitation (DOR) for the purposes of successfully transitioning high school students with disabilities to meaningful employment and/or post-secondary education.


California Department of Rehabilitation (DOR) website


Transition Partnership Program (TPP) Fact Sheet


DOR Consumer Information Handbook


We Can Work 


The We Can Work program is a California Department of Rehabilitation program. The California Department of Rehabilitation (DOR) works in partnership with consumers and other stakeholders to provide services and advocacy resulting in employment, independent living, and equality for individuals with disabilities. 

Transition Services Programs


Higher Education - Resources


El Camino College - Special Resource Center (SRC) 


UCLA – Office for Students with Disabilities


USC – Disability Services and Programs


California State University Long Beach – Students with disabilities support services


California State University Dominguez Hills – Student with Disabilities Support Services